Cullens can provide probate valuation services across parts of London and Surrey to solicitors, executors, administrators, and individuals dealing with an estate.
Our probate team are experienced in dealing with probate valuations in difficult circumstances surrounding the passing away of a loved one, friend or family member. All contents/chattels within an estate are subject to the probate process, of which any and all outstanding debts and inheritance tax are paid through the sale of contents within the estate. Cullens can support you through this process by providing a full probate contents valuation service.
Did you know? Cullens are recommended, vetted and monitored by Checkatrade, where previous customers have rated our service as excellent with an average rating of 99%.
Guide: Probate Valuations
We have provided a short step by step guide to help you understand the process of sourcing a Probate Contents Valuation.
- Contact us by phone, email or using the online contact form
- Talk to our probate team about the details of the estate
- Our team will provide a price for your probate valuation
- Schedule a visit from our probate team
- Please make all valuables and items to be included in report available for our team before the visit
- During the visit, we will work to identify the true market value of chattel of the estate and take photographic/written evidence for desk research
- After the visit, our probate team will compile the probate contents valuation report (electronic version is included in original price while hardcopy paper versions will incur an additional charge)
- Our probate team can send the probate contents valuation report to the solicitors or executors dealing with the estate
- Our probate contents valuation reports are HMRC compliant and structured for form IHT407
Probate Contents Valuations Pricing
Cullens provide clear upfront pricing with no hidden costs. The pricing levels depends on the size of the estate.
Probate Contents Valuations Explained
Executors and solicitors acting on behalf of a deceased estate are required to commission an independent ‘probate valuation’ of art, antiques and other personal effects in order to assess Inheritance Tax liability with HM Revenue & Customs. Cullens have experience in this and regularly carry out probate contents valuations of chattels in accordance with Section 160 of the Inheritance Tax Act 1984. We can deal directly with the executors to arrange a probate valuation of the deceased’s estate. As part of the probate contents valuation for an Inheritance Tax Assessment, we will list art, antiques, jewellery and general house contents. All work is compiled by an experienced dealer with more than 5 years experience. All valuations are HMRC compliant and our probate contents valuations are prepared professionally and discreetly by our in-house team.
Once the valuation has been carried out, the executors may decide to sell some items from the estate. At Cullens, we have a wealth of knowledge and understanding about the market value of items.
Cullens can provide the following supplementary services:
- Offset the cost of items from the estate against a probate contents clearance
- Purchase items from the estate
- Deliver items from the estate to a specialist auction or dealer on your behalf
If you require any supplementary services please let us know at any time before, during or after the probate contents valuation service.
Probate Valuation Reports
Our probate content valuation reports cover the following aspects:
- Household Contents Valuation
- Antiques and Fine Art
- Jewellery, Collectables and Bullion
- Classic Car Valuation (for vintage and classic cars)
Our probate team provide, as standard, an electronic version of the probate contents valuation report. If you require a hardcopy paper version of the report, there is an additional charge.
Benefits of choosing Cullens for Probate Valuations
- No hidden costs
- Upfront and clear pricing
- Compliant with HRMC and Inheritance Tax law
- Over 5 years probate valuation experience
- Over 10 years in trade experience
- Friendly and local family run business
- Reports compiled within 2 working days
- Recommended, Vetted and Monitored by Checkatrade
Probate Valuations Available in London and Surrey
We provide our probate valuation services across parts of London and Surrey. Whether you are searching for probate valuations, house contents valuations, or you need a house contents valuation for probate, then Cullens can assist.
Need a Probate Property Valuation?
Should you wish to get a property valuation as part of the probate valuation process, in order to sell or transfer the property, we recommend Hunters Estate Agents. They have RICS accreditation, are a specialist in probate, and are known and trusted in the industry.