Updated: 1st January 2023
Prior to booking, please ensure you have read, understood, and accepted our General Terms for Clearance Services and any other applicable Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are designed to ensure there is no confusion about what our service includes and excludes. If you are unclear about any element, please contact us for clarification on 02086489740.
Terms and Conditions can only be changed with the agreement of both the client and Cullens Clearances Limited (reg no. 08114693) and must be agreed at time of booking.
On confirmation of the booking the following conditions apply:
- All clearance services provided by Cullens are provided via Cullens Clearances Limited, a registered company in England and Wales, registration number 08114693. VAT registration number 161320550.
- Where we have not conducted a physical inspection of the property prior to clearance, our estimate is not fixed and will be subject to change if the inventory of items for disposal has been under-estimated or miss-described by the client. Discretion on excess items is used and generally, no additional charge would be applied if you have forgotten one or two smaller items from your clearance inventory.
- The removal and disposal of paint, creosote, corrosive/noxious liquids, gas canisters or medical waste can be undertaken with prior notification. Items requiring specialised disposal would be quoted separately and would not be included within a general estimate. Specialised disposal items include: fridges, freezers, car batteries, pianos, bagged building waste, larger electrical equipment, large quantities of PC equipment/monitors and any other item considered hazardous.
- Dismantling of items are not included in the estimate and would require prior agreement on time and cost.
- Cullens Clearances limited vehicles require parking facilities within 20 metres (65ft) of the main entrance to the property/building. Should Cullens Clearances Limited be unable to park our vehicle within the maximum distance you will be liable for a surcharge to cover the extra time it will take to load your waste.
- Any parking/vehicle charges/fines, including but not limited to Congestion Charge, will be the responsibility of the client unless unreasonably incurred.
- The client is responsible for advising us if there are any known circumstances which may hinder our crew during the clearance or in any other way adversely affect the timely completion of the work.
- Please advise us at the time of estimate, quotation, and booking if there are any obstacles or restrictions that could hinder our team prior to, during, or after the clearance inside or outside the property.
- Refrigerators must be defrosted prior to our arrival. We can not clear contents from Fridges or Freezers, only cupboard dry contents.
- If the waste is being removed from an apartment or flat above first floor, please advise us at the time of quotation. You should also advise us of any restrictions of access through communal areas.
- Cullens Clearances Limited charges £50+VAT per hour for additional wait time. Minimum charge is £10+VAT for each 10 minutes up to the first hour.
- Cullens Clearances Limited will assume full legal ownership and responsibility for all items excluding unlawful or noxious items once our vehicle leaves the clearance property/site.
- Any claims for damages or losses should be communicated to Cullens Clearances Limited as soon as possible.
- Any issues with the service provides should be communicated to Cullens Clearances Limited as soon as possible.
- Amendments: Please note that no amendments to bookings can be made within 48 hours of the booking date.
- Cancellations: Please note that for cancellations where Cullens Clearances Limited have been given less than 48 hours notice in writing before works were due to commence the paid deposit would be non refundable, Cancellations on the day or when team are on route the full quote would still be payable, under special circumstances at the discretion of Cullens Clearances these charges maybe levied if the booking is moved to a later date.
- Cullens Clearances Limited requires a 50% deposit to confirm your booking by debit or credit card (other fees may apply). With the balance paid on completion.
- All invoices must be settled on the day of completion of the service provided unless you have an account or have agreed alternative payment conditions in advance. Invoices overdue by 30 days or more, interest and a fixed sum on late payments will be charged as per UK Government guidelines. Interest is 8% plus the Bank of England base rate and fixed sum of: £40 will be applicable to debt of up to £999.99; £70 will be applicable to debt of between £1,000 and £9,999.99; and £100 will be applicable to debt of £10,000 or more.
- If our team(s) are unable to commence or complete work due to a health and safety, or other concerns, a call out fee of 50% of the estimated or quoted service fee will be charged.
- Please ensure the property is cleared of all personal possessions and valuables prior to the commencement of the clearance. Please also ensure that during the clearance that no personal possessions and valuables are left unattended in the property. If this is not possible, please ensure that personal possessions and valuables which are left in the property have been securely locked away. Our teams are trusted and vetted, however, Cullens does not take responsibility for lost or stolen personal possessions or valuables, prior, during, or after a clearance.
- In the rare case of any abuse, threat, harassment, or intimidation to any member of our team, or any workers working on behalf of Cullens Clearances Limited, we will seek full legal recourse.
- Discount codes – only one discount code can be used per quote. Discount codes and vouchers have no monetary trade value.
Payment of a deposit is taken as confirmation of these Terms and Conditions and all Terms and Conditions applicable to the service being provided.
This contract is subject to the Law and Jurisdiction of England and Wales.
These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a Consumer.