In light of the Coronavirus COVID19 Pandemic, Cullens Clearances will be changing the way we operating to help limit the spread of the disease amongst our staff, customers, and members of the public. We will be following advice provided by th e UK Government, NHS, and Public Health England.
It’s important that we look after the safety of our team and your safety while trying to continue our business (as long as possible) to ensure that we keep our team employed, our local family business running, and the economy moving.
We can offering you and all our customers a Contactless Clearance, where suitable, where customers will be able to leave the items they want clearing outside of their property, on their private grounds not on public areas, and our team will come by and pick up the items.
All payments, contacts, and information can be made digitally and on the phone via our Office team available during working hours.
We can provide a specific time slot of when we will arrive to pick up the items – so you can place the items outside before the time slot and that there is no unsightly rubbish outside there property all day.
Please contact us at [email protected] or 0800 033 7930 and mention that you’d like a Contactless Clearance.
The Government announced on 23rd March that people should stay at home wherever possible with restrictions on retail outlets opening. In line with current advice, some businesses need to stay open for the public good and to support the nation. Cullens Clearances provides a supporting role to key sectors including the NHS and local authorities and has been granted COVID-19 Critical Contractor status.
We also provide essential services to homes and businesses where waste may cause an environmental hazard or where individuals are unable to dispose of waste themselves.
We recognise that we provide essential services to many of our customers and want to reassure them that we will continue to provide them with a service as long as we are able to do so.
Our usual two hour time slots may differ or be extended to AM & PM calls to allow our staff to carry our collections and clearances safely and to deal with increased number of enquires.
Current Government advice allows us to enter the home to collect waste. However we have brought in more stringent measures to protect staff and customers which does mean waste should be left outside unless the house is unoccupied or the waste can be completely isolated.
We will not be able to enter the home if someone is shielding indoors or is in a high risk group. If you identify to us in advance that a person is vulnerable (but not high risk) and may require additional assistance, we will do our best to accommodate this safely. In person contact should be kept to an absolute minimum and only when strictly required and if required from a distance of at least 2m.
Overview of measures we have put in place:
– Waste should be placed outside wherever it is possible to do so to ensure that there is no close human interaction, this would be where our “contactless clearance services are available please click here more information.
– Where this is not possible waste should be contained in a single room/ area away from other people.
– We are not able to collect if you are exhibiting symptoms or have been exposed to the virus or are isolating due to potential exposure.
– Our staff are taking precautions and only attending work if they are fit to do so, we have provided the necessary PPE to protect them and so they can carry out their work safely.
– Waste from homes with possible cases of COVID-19 and waste from cleaning of areas where possible cases have been identified should be double bagged, using a strong rubbish bag. These bags should be tied and stored for at least 72 hours or they will need to be moved as Category B infectious waste in orange bags (which we cannot help with).
Our Simple steps in protecting you and our staff:
– Book your services via our online system or call us and mention you would like a Contactless Clearance.
– We will then quote and Allocate a date and time slot.
– On the day of the clearance place your items outside on your property.
– Our clearance crews come and collect at the agreed time slot and sweep area through, our office will call to take payment electronically or via phone.
– We then take the items to our ReUse, ReHome & ReLove Recycling hub to divert as much from landfill as possible.
Cullens are all about giving back to our local community and with over 10 years of raising monies for various charitable organisations or donating reusable furniture / items to our partnered charities, we have partnered up with Merton Giving Fund to help raise monies for their work in the community by helping fund volunteers helping the vulnerable and high risk in these unprecedented times and provide food and consumables to these people that are unable to go out due their risk category or isolation, so every Contactless Clearance we carry out we will be donate 10% of this service cost to the Merton Giving Fund.